If you are lucky enough to have a balcony, one of the best things that you can do is plant bushy plants on it. This type of planting is best done in the late winter or early spring when the weather is still hot. Bushy plants will provide the needed shade and help to block the direct sun from your apartment windows thus lowering your electricity bills.
There are a number of benefits that you can get from planting bushy plants on your balcony. One is that they will help to bring a certain charm to your apartment. Apart from this, they will also provide privacy to your apartment as they grow. Some of the other benefits include the following.
– If you grow bushy plants on your balcony, then you will be able to save up a lot of space. If you have a small balcony, then the extra space can be used for many other purposes. Apart from this, the plants will also not grow any taller than the height of the railings on your balcony.
– You can also use bushy plants to help reduce air conditioning during the summer flowering season. This is because during this time, the plants tend to bloom more than normal. However, this does not mean that you should keep cutting the plants. If the flowers start to fade, then just cut off a few leaves and keep the plant blooming.
– Busy planting will also help you save money. This is because it will take a lot of care to maintain the plants. However, if you do not have an apartment and you are looking forward to a long flowering season, then planting the plants on a deck or on a patio is a better option. If you do not have a garden in your apartment, you can consider growing plants in pots. This will help you save up a lot of cash because you need not pay for a professional service to maintain the plants.
– It is important to choose the right type of bushy plants for balcony. There are many different varieties and some of them require more care than the rest. Therefore, it is important that you know what exactly you want before you start planting. This is the only way to ensure that your plants will survive the harsh conditions of the balcony. Most importantly, you should be able to follow the instructions on the seed packets to ensure that your plants will germinate and grow properly.
– It is important to choose the plants carefully because there are some varieties that will survive with minimal care but will also produce poor flowers. This means that if you have a crowded balcony, then you should not buy such plants. If you have space, then you can always mix and match different types of flowers to enhance the beauty of the space. Another important thing to remember is that most plants require at least twelve hours of direct sunlight to grow well.
– To have the best results, it is recommended that you buy the seeds from a reputable store. This is because there are many stores that sell fake seeds and will not provide good results. Buying from reputable stores ensures that you get quality plants that are healthy and will also provide a beautiful place to relax or enjoy the view. To enhance the blooms, you can water the bushy plants for balcony once a week, if the soil is dry.
– Most of the plants thrive in full sunlight and will go well with the other plants and flowers in your home. This means that if you live in an apartment and have a small balcony, then you can grow anything you want. Some examples of these types of plants include tall ferns, clematis, hostas, cosmos, Japanese spurgella, polysorum, and umbellata. Bushy plants for balcony are also ideal for creating privacy and you do not have to worry about your neighbors seeing you plants.
– It is not hard to take care of bushy plants for balcony. You just need to keep the soil moist so that the root system can grow well. In addition, do not forget to fertilize the plants at least once a month because this will keep the plant healthy. If you wish to add more foliage to the plants, you can pinch back any long stems.
Bushy plants are great to fill your garden with color and add interest to your space. Just be sure that you are not looking at a big mess when trying to move them from one place to another. If you do not have enough room to grow bushy plants for balcony, you can use stakes to suspend the plants as well. This is a less messy way to decorate your space.